Friday 11 July 2008

Tease

There are plenty of clouds in the sky.
We have our usual summer heat clouds that form over the island and sit there, heavy and brooding.
And we have clouds banking to the south, being pushed slowly by hurricane Bertha as she churns her way towards us.
These clouds are dark-bottomed with lovely water but they are selfishly hanging on to it.
Then, last night as I drove home from work, I felt a splatter on my face and I thought "Yes! I don't mind getting wet as long as we get some rain! YAY!"
Well it didn't. Rain that is.
Must have been bird pee.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised the bird didn't warn you, seems to be a common thing there...

Steph said...

¡Gracias Jorge! MirarĂ© al sitio Web.

Steph said...

And you 'anon'...it IS only polite to let someone know when you are going to the loo...you know it is. Birds are a law unto themselves!

Anonymous said...

Why? Why is it polite? Why do people, especially women, need to tell someone they are going to the loo (you English people have really screwed up a good language, you know that?)? You can't just say, 'excuse me' and leave? It's really no ones business were you're going or what you're going to do!