Wednesday 25 June 2008

Meet my friends....

The 2008 Annual Round the Island Seagull Race was held this past Saturday.
This is the first year that I have not been either a) racing, b) crash-boating, or c) timing boats in....I was too busy having a melt down, or something. I eventually decided to go down for the after-party to cheer myself up, and it was worth it for Alison's t-shirt alone!...'Will sell husband for wine' indeed.
As I left the house to head down to the boat club late in the afternoon, I could already hear the music and the shouting....no one can talk at a normal sound level after having been stuck next to a Seagull engine all day!...besides they are, of course, all completely intoxicated.It's always a great chance to see people...some you only see once a year for this event...they come out of the woodwork a couple of weeks prior to spiff up the boat and get the engine in working order. And at the end of the evening, with the BBQ over and the prizes handed out, they p-ting their way into the sunset, until next year.Since I don't have a great story and a ton of beautiful photographs I thought I'd include this YouTube link to the LookTV video of last year's race http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6owwo_m4QNo&feature=PlayList&p=60F62AD7F79C9E20&index=0 It's an absolute classic! For full drunken entertainment value you have to watch to the end...and I love the one girl's remark in the comments section, "they're all drunk". 10 out of 10 for observation.

No comments: