Friday 13 June 2008

Good grief, how long has it been?????

A friend who recently moved to the UK emailed me today and said that he had stumbled across this blog! It's great 'cause we're back in touch and he has added me to Facebook, and later this afternoon his wife added me as well. Now, Ann and I were really close when we were young...her grandparents lived just up the road from us and she and her brother spent a lot of time there and were close with my bro and me. Rob moved to the neighbourhood a while later and we all used to spent a lot of time in his parent's basement area playing music. Yes.

They hooked up sometime while I was in the UK and by the time I came back to Bermuda they had made a move to London where Rob busked the subways and such.

They came back to Bermuda raised a young family but have decided that they'd rather raise their kids in the UK, without the bigotry that can pervade every facet of life in Bermuda, but especially the school system. So off to Old Blighty again. And they seem so settled and happy, and I am so happy for them.

Never fear, they are people that I will always hold in my heart and always be happy to see, along with their lovely family. I miss knowing that they are in Bermuda...in the rather unfortunate way that Bermudians often feel, but take for granted!

The product of an environment where people are constantly coming and going...and sometimes coming and going again!

No comments: