Tuesday 20 March 2007

Why am I nervous?

I mean apart from the fact that I am a particularly anxiety-riddled person.
I'm not the one getting married in 4 days.
I'm not the one with less than a week to finalize thousands of details, small and large.
But every now and then I get the feeling of butterflies and this morning I woke up in a mild panic about things still to be done.
I guess I just feel uber-responsible for the projects that I did take on to help KT. I want everything to be perfect for their big day and I would die if something I was supposed to have done wasn't, or fell apart on the day, or caused some big furor or controversy. Oh god. I'm getting myself all in a tizz again.
KT's coming over after work to check out the headpiece I have created and I really hope she likes it...and I really hope it's enough to show up in all of that hair!
Next is to complete the bridesmaid's headpiece which is going to be very difficult as I have not had one conversation with her about it. KT and I have just kind of decided how she'll wear her hair and how we'll 'decorate' it. Apparently as KT was telling her what we planned she smiled and nodded her head repeatedly, which is probably about as much enthusiasm as we're going to get from a 16 year-old.
The Aspargus Fern still has to be cut down to decorate the pillars and Bruce has promised to do this tomorrow. Since he leaves for Anguilla on Thursday I will be royally screwed if he forgets. At the risk of throwing him into a foul temper I will call and remind him tomorrow (Bruce is insulted when reminded to do things despite being someone who constantly and consistently forgets the promises of assistance made after a few glasses of the red). If he doesn't speak to me for a month I don't care as long as we have the fern. Actually, if I'm honest it'd be a bonus!
Add a mountain of laundry that needs to be done, a wedding dinner on Thursday and drinks on Friday...there is very little time left. And yet I am wasting precious minutes moaning about it on the internet!
Arrgh!

No comments: